HomeServe joins with Aviva on exclusive UK Home Assistance partnership
Posted 29 October 2015 8:30 AM by John Greaves
- Five year agreement for Aviva to underwrite home assistance products
- HomeServe is the UK’s second largest provider of home assistance policies with over 2m customers
- The UK Home Assistance market is worth £1.3bn annually
Aviva today announced its UK general insurance business has signed a five year agreement with HomeServe, which will see the UK’s leading insurer underwrite home assistance products for HomeServe’s 2million UK customers.
This new partnership brings together the rich heritage of home assistance and protection experience and capabilities of both companies. HomeServe has been providing home assistance for over 20 years and is the second largest provider in the UK. It recently announced the acquisition of major gas service and repair business, Home Energy Services, creating a combined network of 600 directly-employed specialist engineers. Aviva is the leading general insurer in the UK and insures 1 in 10 households.
Maurice Tulloch, chief executive officer, UK general insurance and chairman, Aviva global general insurance said: “I’m delighted Aviva has secured a new long term partnership with HomeServe - especially as this comes just a few months after we announced a new seven year relationship as exclusive provider of general insurance products to TSB customers.
“A broken boiler or a home damaged by water as a result of leaking pipes is a traumatic event for any household. Insurance is designed to protect what matters when things go wrong – and acting quickly to minimise the impact is crucial. Aviva’s insurance expertise coupled with HomeServe’s focus on providing effortless service through its network of committed and experienced engineers is a partnership designed to fulfil commitments made to our customers.
“I look forward to working with Martin Bennett and all his colleagues on exciting new projects in the future. HomeServe has made huge strides forward in recent years under his leadership and we share similar values; focused on doing the right things, in the right way, for our customers."
Martin Bennett, CEO of HomeServe UK, added: “HomeServe is on an exciting journey – our recent acquisition of Home Energy Services has enabled us to become a significant force in the heating market and now, our partnership with Aviva is a huge step forward and opportunity for significant growth.
“We are both organisations focused on making things easy for our Customers and providing them with products and services that work when they need them.
“I am particularly excited about what we will offer Customers in terms of connected home innovation – features and services we expect to be market leading in our sector and we believe will really make Customers’ lives easier.”
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Katy Hurren | Aviva Press Office | 07800 692548 | email@example.com | @Katy_Hurren
Stella Pitt | HomeServe External Communications Manager | 07880 555 590 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
The partnership between Aviva and HomeServe will commence 18 November 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.
HomeServe is a national home assistance company providing plumbing, drainage, electrics and heating maintenance and repair services through its own network of directly employed and sub-contracting specialist engineers. Over two million people in the UK have placed their trust in HomeServe and turn to us when it comes to fixing, maintaining and looking after their home.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @HomeServeUK
Read our online lifestyle magazine: ketchup.homeserve.com