Step 1: Scrape off the excess
- Plug your iron in somewhere within reach of the waxy patch.
- Whilst you're waiting for it to warm up use a blunt knife to scrape off as much excess wax as possible.
Step 2: Iron
- Lay some brown paper or a paper towel over the remaining wax and iron over the top.
- Keep it moving slowly, just as you would when ironing clothes, and make sure you don't burn anything. The heat will cause the wax to melt and absorb into the paper.
- Keep ironing over a clean piece of paper or cloth until all the wax has been absorbed.
Important information regarding our DIY help and advice
We try to make the advice on our website (www.HomeServe.com) as useful and reliable as possible. However, the purpose of this advice section of the website is to provide homeowners and private landlords with general guidance and useful tips only. It doesn't necessarily deal with every important topic or cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals and might not be relevant or appropriate in all circumstances. It is not designed to provide professional advice or financial advice and should not be relied on as such. Click here to read the disclaimer in full.