Marie Curie's Walk Ten 2012
Walk Ten has now finished - watch this space for summer 2013 dates!
Join us for a 10km twilight walk, picnic and entertainment to raise money for local Marie Curie Nurses.
HomeServe was proud to be the headline sponsor of the first ever Marie Curie Walk Ten in 2010 and we have now supported Walk Ten for three consecutive years!
With HomeServe's support, since 2010 the number of walks has grown from 12 to 25, and this year Marie Curie estimates that over 10,000 people have participated in a walk and raised £500,000!
Walk Ten is a series of 10km twilight walks starting at 7pm and finishing at 10pm. It's a great opportunity for an evening out with family and friends and to enjoy a picnic and the summer evenings with entertainment and fireworks.
Why not sign up next year to walk in memory of a loved one, or just to keep fit and have fun and to raise funds to help Marie Curie provide more free hours of nursing care for terminally ill patients in your area. Next years' dates will be posted on the Marie Curie website in the spring (registration usually costs £10 per adult and children under 16 years go free).
As well as sponsoring Walk Ten, many HomeServe employees also participated in the walks or volunteered on the event days; take a look at the fantastic photographs below!
In 2012, Walk Ten took place at the following 25 stunning venues:
- Chatsworth, Derbyshire – Saturday 21 July 2012
- Stowe House, Buckinghamshire – Friday 27 July 2012
- Weston Park, Staffordshire – Friday 27 July 2012
- Sissinghurst Castle, Kent – Saturday 28 July 2012
- Beaulieu, Hampshire – Saturday 4 August 2012
- Castle Howard, York – Saturday 4 August 2012
- Hill of Tarvit, Fife – Saturday 4 August 2012
- Margam Park, South Wales – Saturday 4 August 2012
- Athelstaneford, East Lothian – Saturday 11 August 2012
- Denbies Wine Estate, Surrey – Saturday 11 August 2012
- Tatton Park, Cheshire – Saturday 11 August 2012
- Mount Edgcumbe, Cornwall – Saturday 12 August 2012
- Grimsthorpe Castle, Lincolnshire – Friday 17 August 2012
- Ulster American Folk Park, Omagh – Friday 17 August 2012
- Bolton Abbey, North Yorkshire – Saturday 18 August 2012
- Croft Castle, Herefordshire – Saturday 18 August 2012
- Croome Park, Worcester – Saturday 25 August 2012
- Dumfries House, Ayrshire – Saturday 25 August 2012
- Stormont Estate, Belfast – Friday 31 August 2012
- Belladrum, Inverness – Saturday 1 September 2012
- Boughton House, Northamptonshire – Saturday 1 September 2012
- Gibside, Tyne and Wear – Saturday 1 September 2012
- Stourhead, Wiltshire – Saturday 1 September 2012
- Spread Eagle, West Sussex – Sunday 2 September 2012
- Eastbourne, East Sussex – Saturday 8 September 2012
For more information about the HomeServe and Marie Curie partnership, please contact Sarah Palmer, HomeServe's National Charity Manager, on 01922 609073.