tick Page loading
Some information has changed
Icons for landlords complete cover

Landlord's Combined Cover for Houses with Gas Central Heating, CP12 & Service

Naked Wines£40 gift card with selected landlords policies online

With Landlord's Combined Cover for Houses with Gas Central Heating, CP12 & Service, you can help protect yourself from the cost of dealing with a breakdown of the gas heating, as well as unexpected plumbing, drainage, electrical wiring and security incidents.

This policy also includes an annual Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) and an annual boiler service.

The Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) and Boiler Service is described as 'free' when compared to the equivalent product without these service elements.

This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.

Is your rental property a flat? View our cover for flats.

Does your property have electric heating? Click here.

Please note: The annual boiler service and gas safety inspection included with this policy is free in the first year only, upon renewal the annual boiler service is chargeable and will be included as standard in the total cost of the policy. Please refer to 'what happens after the first year' under important information. Gas safety inspection (CP12) and boiler services will be undertaken Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.

House diagram of Landlord's complete cover with gas heating for house.

What's included?

  • Water Supply Pipetick
  • Plumbing & Drainagetick
  • Electrical Emergency & Breakdowntick
  • Security & Roofingtick
  • Internal Gas Supply Pipetick
  • Gas Central Heating Breakdowntick
  • Gas Safety Inspection (CP12)tick
  • Annual Boiler Servicetick

While cover includes many things, there are some exclusions. Please refer to the Policy Summary.

Who can buy Landlords Combined Cover for Houses with Gas Central Heating, CP12 & Service?


People who are
Landlords tick

But not
Owner-occupiers / tenants cross


People who live in
Houses and bungalows tick

But not
Flats and mobile homes cross


Homes heated with
Natural Gas tick

But not
Electric heating cross

For full eligibility information please see 'Are you eligible to apply?' in the important information section below.

Frequently asked questions

How do I apply for this policy?

To apply for this policy, please click 'Apply online' or you can chat to us online.

To make the application process as smooth as possible, please make sure you have the following information to hand:

  • Details of the rental property you want to cover
  • A corespondence address (different to your rental property)
  • A valid email address
  • The type of boiler your property uses
  • Your bank details

How soon after purchasing can I make a claim?

This policy has an initial 14 day exclusion period within which you'll not be able to make a claim. Please see the policy documents for more details.

How do I make a claim?

First, check that your problem is covered by checking your policy documents.

If the incident or emergency is covered by your policy, please visit our claims page to find out how to register your claim or call 0800 923 8010.*

How does HomeServe vet its tradesmen?

We're careful to vet all HomeServe approved tradesmen. We do this by:

  • Inspecting jobs upon completion
  • Taking a copy of their Public Liability Certificate
  • Validating their relevant trade certificates
  • Getting them to agree to our Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
  • Getting them to sign the HomeServe Health and Safety Statement.

Important information

Prices include all fees and Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).

Are you eligible to apply?
This policy is for landlords only. Retail, commercial and other premises used for business are not eligible for this cover, and council and housing association tenants will not need this service. Flats, maisonettes, mobile homes, bedsits, sub-divided homes and sub-let properties are not covered.

The boiler at your property must have a power output of less than 60 KW/hr and be fired by natural gas (and not LPG, electric or oil). Your property must not be heated by dual purpose boilers, a warm air heating system, combination and unvented cylinders or thermal storage units.

Are you covered elsewhere?
Homeowners should check if their existing home insurance or other policies provide cover, expert assistance and repairs in the event of the domestic emergencies and incidents covered by this policy so you are not paying for cover you do not need.

What happens after the first year?
The price will increase at renewal. Currently customers in their second year are paying £585.00 for this policy provided they have made no claims. If you pay by Direct Debit or credit/debit card, excluding Maestro payments, your cover will automatically renew unless you tell HomeServe otherwise. If you choose any other method of payment you will be sent an invitation to renew prior to your renewal date.

Who provides this cover?
This policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Aviva Insurance Limited is registered in Scotland, company no. 2116 and the registered address is Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH.

This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe, which is a trading name of HomeServe Membership Limited, Cable Drive, Walsall, WS2 7BN (registered in England company no. 2770612) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity under Financial Services Register number 312518. The regulatory status of Aviva Insurance Limited and HomeServe can be checked by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 (call rates may vary).

*Calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Calls to 0800/0808 numbers are free from landlines and mobile phones, and will not be taken from your mobile phone inclusive call minutes. Lines are open 8am to 8pm weekdays, 8am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday.

For your information
Your local water company may provide a one-off repair service to your external underground water supply pipe, please contact them directly for details so you can decide whether you need this product.

If you suffer a gas leak, you should first call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.

Free CP12 and Boiler Service with Landlord Combined Cover terms and conditions

The offer of a free gas safety inspection and boiler service in the first year is only available with the purchase of Landlord Combined Cover policies which include gas central heating.

The Offer is available to new customers only. The Offer is not available to customers who are renewing cover.

The annual service will be carried out at the same time as the CP12.

Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

No cash alternatives will be offered.

Separate terms and conditions apply to products.

HomeServe reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.