tick Page loading
Some information has changed
Gas Central Heating Breakdown Cover with an Annual Boiler Service

HomeServe Cover 8 with an Annual Boiler Service

 FREE Annual Boiler Service in year 1

*Boiler services will be carried out between April and September 2015.

*Price of boiler service product is shown as free when compared to the equivalent product (at standard price - £9.50) without service.

  Defaqto 2015 Five star rated cover banner

Defaqto 5 Star rated HomeServe Cover 8 can cover you for problems with your gas central heating and a range of plumbing, electrical wiring, security and pest problems.

You can help protect yourself from the cost of dealing with a boiler breakdown, burst water pipes, blocked sinks and drains, seized and dripping taps, electrical wiring damage, securing your property and rats, mice, wasp and hornet infestations.

When things go wrong, a HomeServe approved engineer will be there to help get things sorted. Boiler services are undertaken Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, between April and September 2015.

This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA.

To read more about the benefits of this cover being rated 5 Stars from Defaqto please click here.

Please Note: The annual boiler service included with this policy is free in the first year only, upon renewal the annual boiler service is chargeable and will be included as standard in the total cost of the policy. Please refer to 'what happens after the first year' under important information. Boiler services will be undertaken Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, between April and September 2015.

Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another.

HomeServe Cover 3 DiagramProtect a damaged roof by using covering with tarpaulinWasps/hornets nests in the gardenProtect a damaged roof by using covering with tarpaulinBlack/brown rats or mice inside the property and attached garages/buildingsInternal water pipework - leaks and blockagesRepair/replace water tank (including overflows)Wasps/hornets nests inside the propertyBoarding up windows and doors (those which secure the property)Failed light switch & wiringFailed light switch & wiringFailed light sockets & wiring (not including bulb replacements)Failed permanent wiring to shower (NOT the shower unit itself)Boarding up windows and doors (those which secure the property)Repair/replace hot water cylinder (not immersion heater)Toilet - blockages, leaking, not-flushing, overflows leakingTap repairs (for example seized taps, dripping taps, loose taps) and leaks in pipework leading to tapsTap repairs (for example seized taps, dripping taps, loose taps) and leaks in pipework leading to tapsRepair wiring to permanent security lighting attached to the buildingRepair /replace broken fuseboxInternal drainage - leaks and blockages to waste pipesBroken locks, snapped keys in locks, creating access if locked outRepairs to the boiler (so long as we can find parts) - if BER replace if it is under 7 years old, or pay £200 if not.Seized or leaking stop tapInternal gas supply pipe (including hose to cookers (not the gas appliance))Leaking/Blocked underground water supply pipeLeaking/Blocked underground water supply pipeLeaking/Blocked underground water supply pipeExternal Drains (including rainwater drains)External Drains (including rainwater drains)Wasps/hornets nests in the gardenWasps/hornets nests in the garden

What's included?

  • Water supply pipetick
  • Plumbing and drainstick
  • Electrical wiringtick
  • Pest infestationstick
  • Security and roofing incidentstick
  • Internal gas supply pipetick
  • Gas central heating including gas boilertick
  • Annual boiler servicetick

While cover includes many things, there are some exclusions. Please refer to the Summary of Cover.

Who can buy HomeServe Cover 8 with an Annual Boiler Service?


People who are
Homeowners tick

But not
Landlords / tenants cross


People who live in
Houses and bungalows tick

But not
Flats and mobile homes cross


Homes heated with
Gas tick

But not
Electric heating cross

For full eligibility information please see 'Are you eligible to apply?' in the important information section below.

Frequently asked questions

How do I apply for this policy?

To apply for this policy, please click 'Apply online'.

To make the application process as smooth as possible, please make sure you have the following information to hand:

  • Details of the property you want to cover
  • A valid email address
  • Type of heating
  • Your boiler make
  • Credit / debit card or bank details (for direct debit payments)

How soon after purchasing can I make a claim?

This policy has an initial 14 day exclusion period within which you'll not be able to make a claim. Please see the policy documents for more details.

How do I make a claim?

First, check that your problem is covered by checking your policy documents.

If the incident or emergency is covered by your policy, please visit our claims page to find out how to register your claim or call 0800 923 8010.*

How do HomeServe vet their tradesmen?

We're careful to vet all HomeServe approved tradesmen. We do this by:

  • Inspecting jobs upon completion
  • Taking a copy of their Public Liability Certificate
  • Validating their relevant trade certificates
  • Getting them to agree to our Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
  • Getting them to sign the HomeServe Health and Safety Statement.

Important information

Prices include all fees and Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).

Are you eligible to apply?
This policy is for homeowners only. Retail, commercial and other premises used for business are not eligible, and council and housing association tenants will not need this service. The property must be your permanent private residence and owned and solely occupied by you and your family with no business use. Flats, maisonettes, mobile homes, bedsits, sub-divided homes and let and sub let properties are not covered.

The boiler at your property must have a power output of less than 60 KW/hr and be fired by natural gas (and not LPG, electric or oil). Your property must not be heated by dual purpose boilers, a warm air heating system, combination and unvented cylinders or thermal storage units.

Are you covered elsewhere?
Homeowners should check if their existing home insurance or other policies provide cover, expert assistance and repairs in the event of the domestic emergencies and incidents covered by this policy so you are not paying for cover you do not need.

What happens after the first year?
The price may increase at renewal. Currently customers in their second year are paying £270.00 for this policy provided they have made no claims. If you pay by Direct Debit or credit/debit card, excluding Maestro payments, your cover will automatically renew unless you tell HomeServe otherwise. If you choose any other method of payment you will be sent an invitation to renew prior to your renewal date.

Who provides this cover?
This policy is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. Inter Partner Assistance SA is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of its regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. Inter Partner Assistance SA's Financial Services Register Number is 202664. IPA’s registered UK address is The Quadrangle, 106 - 118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1PR (registered company number FC008998).

This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe, which is a trading name of HomeServe Membership Limited, Cable Drive, Walsall, WS2 7BN (registered in England company no. 2770612) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity under Financial Services Register number 312518. The regulatory status of IPA and HomeServe can be checked by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 (call rates may vary).

Please refer to 'Who provides this policy?' in the Summary of Cover.

For your information
As a homeowner you are generally responsible for the water supply pipe from where it enters your home up to the stop tap, which could be inside, or in some instances, outside your property boundary line. If your water pipe suffers a leak or burst, which may result in you being without water, it is generally your responsibility as the property owner to sort it out. This responsibility may be shared with neighbouring properties.

*Calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Lines are open 8am to 8pm weekdays, 8am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday.


The offer of a free boiler service is only available on certain highlighted products on our website, www.homeserve.com

Only one offer per household

Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer

If you cancel your policy within the first 28 days you will not receive the Annual Boiler Service

No cash alternatives will be offered

HomeServe staff are not eligible for this offer

Separate terms and conditions apply to the products themselves

HomeServe reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time

This offer is for new customers only