Some information has changed
HomeServe Cover 8
Defaqto 5 Star rated HomeServe Cover 8 can cover your home for problems with your gas central heating and a range of plumbing, electrical wiring, security and pest problems.
You can help protect yourself from the cost of dealing with a boiler breakdown, burst water pipes, blocked sinks and drains, seized and dripping taps, electrical wiring damage, securing your property and rats, mice, wasp and hornet infestations.
When things go wrong, a HomeServe approved engineer will be there to help get things sorted.
This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
To read more about the benefits of this cover being rated 5 Stars from Defaqto, please click here.
Please note: This policy does not include a boiler service. If you would like to take advantage of our free boiler service offer instead please click here.
- Water supply pipe
- Plumbing and drains
- Electrical wiring
- Pest infestations
- Security and roofing incidents
- Internal gas supply pipe
- Gas central heating breakdown
While cover includes many things, there are some exclusions. Please refer to the Policy Summary.
Who can buy HomeServe Cover 8?
People who are
Landlords / tenants
People who live in
Houses and bungalows
Flats and mobile homes
Homes heated with
For full eligibility information please see 'Are you eligible to apply?' in the important information section below.
Frequently asked questions
How do I apply for this policy?
To apply for this policy, please click 'Apply online'.
To make the application process as smooth as possible, please make sure you have the following information to hand:
- Details of the property you want to cover
- A valid email address
- Type of heating
- Your boiler make
- Credit / debit card or bank details (for direct debit payments)
How soon after purchasing can I make a claim?
This policy has an initial 14 day exclusion period within which you'll not be able to make a claim. Please see the policy documents for more details.
How do I make a claim?
First, check that your problem is covered by checking your policy documents.
If the incident or emergency is covered by your policy, please visit our claims page to find out how to register your claim or call 0800 923 8010.*
How does HomeServe vet its tradesmen?
We're careful to vet all HomeServe approved tradesmen. We do this by:
- Inspecting jobs upon completion
- Taking a copy of their Public Liability Certificate
- Validating their relevant trade certificates
- Getting them to agree to our Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Getting them to sign the HomeServe Health and Safety Statement.
Prices include all fees and Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).
Are you eligible to apply?
This policy is for homeowners only. Retail, commercial and other premises used for business are not eligible, and council and housing association tenants will not need this service. The property must be your permanent private residence and owned and solely occupied by you and your family with no business use. Flats, maisonettes, mobile homes, bedsits, sub-divided homes and let and sub let properties are not covered.
The boiler at your property must have a power output of less than 60 KW/hr and be fired by natural gas (and not LPG, electric or oil). Your property must not be heated by dual purpose boilers, a warm air heating system, combination and unvented cylinders or thermal storage units.
Are you covered elsewhere?
Homeowners should check if their existing home insurance or other policies provide cover, expert assistance and repairs in the event of the domestic emergencies and incidents covered by this policy so you are not paying for cover you do not need.
What happens after the first year?
The price will increase at renewal. Currently customers in their second year are paying £240.00 for this policy provided they have made no claims. If you pay by Direct Debit or credit/debit card, excluding Maestro payments, your cover will automatically renew unless you tell HomeServe otherwise. If you choose any other method of payment you will be sent an invitation to renew prior to your renewal date.
Who provides this cover?
This policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Aviva Insurance Limited is registered in Scotland, company no. 2116 and the registered address is Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH.
This policy is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe, which is a trading name of HomeServe Membership Limited, Cable Drive, Walsall, WS2 7BN (registered in England company no. 2770612) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity under Financial Services Register number 312518. The regulatory status of Aviva Insurance Limited and HomeServe can be checked by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 (call rates may vary).
For your information
As a homeowner you are generally responsible for the water supply pipe from where it enters your home up to the stop tap, which could be inside, or in some instances, outside your property boundary line. If your water pipe suffers a leak or burst, which may result in you being without water, it is generally your responsibility as the property owner to sort it out. This responsibility may be shared with neighbouring properties.
*Calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers are free from landlines and mobile phones, and will not be taken from your mobile phone inclusive call minutes. Lines are open 8am to 8pm weekdays, 8am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday.
Please note, your local authority may provide a pest control service to its residents. Please contact them directly for details.
If you suffer a gas leak, you should first call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.
Terms and Conditions of voucher offer
- The offer is available with new policy purchases of HomeServe Cover 8, purchased on homeserve.com between 24th November 2015 and 9am on 22nd December 2015.
The full list of eligible products include:
- HomeServe Cover 8 (£0 excess variant at £19.50 per month)
- HomeServe Cover 8 (£50 excess variant at £9.50 per month)
- The offer is not available for purchases of HomeServe Cover 8 including an Annual Boiler Service.
- Only one offer per household
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer
- If you cancel your policy within the first 28 days you will not receive the voucher
- The voucher will be sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery after the first 28 days of the policy start date and within 8 weeks
- No cash alternative will be offered
- HomeServe staff are not eligible for this offer
- HomeServe reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time
- Separate terms and conditions apply for the vouchers as specified by the retailer
- If HomeServe is not able to fulfil the voucher, an alternative voucher of equivalent value will be provided