DIY help and advice
Spring's arrived! Keep out chilly spring breezes and prepare your home for
warmer weather by taking some time to finish your DIY tasks. Take
a look at our help and advice articles to make sure your home's prepared
Article of the month
HomeServe's top tips for spring
- How to bleed a radiator
Does your radiator feel cold at the top and warm at the bottom? If so, it's likely that the...More
- Energy saving tips
Simple changes to your daily habits can help you save money on your energy bills and make...More
- Boiler breakdown advice
Unfortunately, complete boiler failure is a common problem. Causes can vary wildly from a...More
- HomeServe's home emergency guide
A guide to handling and preventing disasters in the home.
Whether it's a burst pipe,...More
This week's handy hints
Cleaning tips from HomeServe not be sniffed at!
- 1. Make your bedroom a mite free haven
- Consider investing in mite proof pillows and mattress covers. You’ll have to...
- 2. Don’t just spring clean
- If you have mould and condensation in your home make it a priority to clean this...
- 3. Avoid bad smells in your home
- Make your health a priority in your home. Avoid strong smells that can linger in...
- 4. Go Natural
- Choose environmentally friendly, organic or homemade cleaning products to...
- 5. Choose a home interior to suit you
- Carpet in all of your rooms might hide away dust mites that could trigger...
- How to build a brick wall
Whether you want to build a small wall at the end of your patio or a six foot structure around...
- How to characterise bricks
If you want to give new bricks more character then this five-minute fix will show you how to make...
- How to repair a broken flush handle
A toilet's flush handle is a very hardworking little mechanism, so it's not surprising that...