DIY help and advice
Winter's here! Keep out chilly breezes and prepare your home for
the cold weather by taking some time to finish your DIY tasks. Take
a look at our help and advice articles to make sure your home's prepared
Article of the month
How to travel safely this winter
- How to bleed a radiator
Does your radiator feel cold at the top and warm at the bottom? If so, it's likely that the...More
- Energy saving tips
Simple changes to your daily habits can help you save money on your energy bills and make...More
- Boiler breakdown advice
Unfortunately, complete boiler failure is a common problem. Causes can vary wildly from a...More
- HomeServe's home emergency guide
A guide to handling and preventing disasters in the home.
Whether it's a burst pipe,...More
This week's handy hints!
HomeServe's Tips to Winter Proof Your Home
- 1. Check your gutters
- Why bother cleaning your gutters? Put simply, clean gutters should help...
- 2. Keep the heat in
- Whilst winter is one of our most beautiful seasons, the cold weather...
- 3. Bleed your radiators
- This should be quite a simple job to complete and shouldn’t take up too much...
- 4. Enjoy some 'me' time
- It's cold, it's raining and you really don't like venturing out in the cold weather...
- How to build a brick wall
Whether you want to build a small wall at the end of your patio or a six foot structure around...
- How to characterise bricks
If you want to give new bricks more character then this five-minute fix will show you how to make...
- How to repair a broken flush handle
A toilet's flush handle is a very hardworking little mechanism, so it's not surprising that...