Welcome to www.HomeServe.com (the 'Website'). We are HomeServe Membership Limited, a company registered in England under registration number 02770612 ('HomeServe', 'we', 'our' or 'us' for short). Our registered office is at Cable Drive, Walsall WS2 7BN and our parent company is HomeServe PLC which is registered at the same address under company number 02648297. Our registration number on the data protection register is Z7078512.
'You' and 'your' means you as a user of our Website for whatever purpose. Most people visiting our site will do so as an existing (or prospective) customer or to find out about and apply for jobs that are advertised in the recruitment section of the site.
Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'). If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you please see the section regarding 'How Can You Access and Correct Your Information' below. HomeServe Membership Limited is the data controller of your information for the purposes of the Act.
What information do we collect?
We collect information to enable us to deliver any requested products and services to you and also to keep you informed of any changes or new additions to our service or product offerings that we think may be of interest.
We collect information in two ways:
1. Information you give us.
2. Information we collect from your use of our website.
Information that you give us
To enable us to effectively deliver our products and services we need to collect certain items of Personal information when you apply for a product, request a service or register an interest on our recruitment pages. When we do ask you to provide us with this information, it may be done online via our Website, manually in paper form or on the telephone direct with one of our customer service team. Here are some examples of the types of Personal Information that we usually ask for:
• Telephone number.(s)
• Date of birth.
• Payment details. (Direct Debit, credit/debit card number)
• Property type.
• Boiler details. (make and model – only applicable to heating policies)
• Email address.
(Please note that this is not an exhaustive list).
Information we collect from your use of our Website
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
• To ensure that the content of our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
• To identify products or services for which you may be eligible and/or interested in.
• To deal with any applications for products or services that you make (which may include contacting you about them).
• To notify you about any changes to our products or services.
• For the purpose of administering your products and services, offering you renewals and training and statistical analysis, which may require us to pass your information to our group companies, underwriters of our policies and/or to our service providers.
• Providing you have given your consent when we collect the information, we may contact you with information about products, services and special offers that we feel may be of interest to you or ask you to participate in one of our customer satisfaction surveys. We may, from time to time, share your personal information with specially selected third party organisations such as your water company or our network of local subcontractors to assist us in providing you with the services you have requested.
• To provide products and services you have asked for, which may include providing information to members of your household, your representatives and other concerned people (such as landlords). • To our subcontractors or other parties that we may use to provide services to you in connection with our agreement with you.
• If we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, governmental departments and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• We have a number of 'affinity agreements' with third parties including local water companies whereby they introduce our products and services to their customers. In those circumstances we will share details of the products and services that have been bought, and also liaise with them in respect of claims handling and on occasion to help resolve individual complaints.
We will not share your details with any organisation or persons outside of HomeServe or its direct affiliates without your prior permission except as set out in the conditions above.
You have the right, at any time, to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (at the point at which you provide, or we collect, your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any carefully selected third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to opt-out of receiving marketing material from us by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or by informing a member of our customer service team. If you change your mind, you can also exercise this right at any time by writing to us at the address provided in the ‘Requesting access to/amending personal information’ section below or via email from our Website https://www.homeserve.com/contact-us. If you choose to correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses for our records. You can also opt-out of receiving email communications simply by clicking the unsubscribe link which you will find at the bottom of every email. Please note it can take up to 30 days for a request to be fulfilled because of pre-planned or ongoing marketing activity.
Requesting access to/amending your Personal Information
FAO: Data Protection Officer
Cable Drive Walsall
We will require a small fee of £10 to cover the cost of collating and providing this information, we may also require proof of your identity. On receipt of such proof we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we hold within 40 days. We reserve the right to refuse to provide copies of personal data but will give reasons for our refusal.
You may also ask us to correct or remove any Personal Information that we hold about you by writing to the same address and providing us with details of the inaccuracy or the information you wish to be removed from our systems.
How we protect your information
We do our best to maintain the highest standards of security, encrypting your Personal information using Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services, however even with this the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. For this reason, we request that you do not send Personal information to us by email. If you choose to use email, we cannot be responsible for loss or interception of it that is beyond our control; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we store your information
Links to other websites